Squash, Chickpea, and Lentil Soup
- Serves: 8
- Complexity: very easy
- 3/4 cup Eden Canned Chickpeas, drained
- 2 1/2 # butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup lentils
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp no salt added tomato paste
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced and peeled
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp saffron (optional)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
Share this recipe
Combine chickpeas, squash, carrots, onions, lentils, vegetable broth, tomato paste, ginger, cumin, saffron (optional), and pepper in a 6-quart slow cooker.
Cook on low heat for approximately 5-6 hours.
Once cooked, stir in lime juice. Serve with crushed peanuts sprinkled on top.
Makes 8 servings
Sodium: 100 mg
Total Fat: 5.1 g
Total Carbs: 43 g
Sat. Fat: .7 g
Fiber: 13.4 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Sugar: 7.4 g
Chol: 0 mg
Protein: 11.8 g
Recipe taken from: http://www.cooking.com/recipes-and-more/recipes/squash-chickpea-red-lentil-stewrecipe-
It has been modified.