Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Serves: 8
- Complexity: easy
- 1 1/2 # boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 12 6-inch tortillas, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup water
- 1 can Healthy Request Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 # white button mushrooms, sliced (4 cups)
- 1 cup 2% milk shredded, cheddar cheese
- 16 oz fat free sour cream
- Cilantro, chopped
Share this recipe
In a large saucepan, boil chicken until juices run clear when cut. Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
In a medium bowl, combine salsa, soups, and onion. Mix well. Add water until desired consistency. Spread a 1/2 cup of salsa mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with an even layer of tortilla strips. Next cover with 1/2 of the chicken, then 1/2 of the mushrooms, 1/2 of the salsa mixture, half of the sour cream and 1/2 of the cheese. Repeat-tortillas strips, chicken, mushrooms, salsa mixture, sour cream and cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and place in refrigerator overnight.
When ready to cook, preheat oven to 300 degrees. Uncover dish and bake for approximately 1 hour or until heated throughout. Top with cilantro and serve with a side of sautéed vegetables.
Sodium: 583 mg
Total Fat: 6 g
Total Carbs: 30.1g
Sat. Fat: 2.7 g
Fiber: 2 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Sugar: 4.5 g
Chol: 68 mg
Protein: 28 g
Recipe taken from: http://www.marthastewart.com/318224/chicken-enchilada-casserole
It has been modified.