Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomato Brushetta Pita Pocket
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: very easy
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup Light Balsamic and Basil Vinaigrette Dressing
- 4 cups spinach, cut into ribbons
- 3 oz fat-free crumbled feta
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), cut into strips
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- 3 whole wheat pitas, cut in half to make 6 pockets
Share this recipe
In a bowl, place 1/4 cup salad dressing and 3 pieces of chicken. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for several hours.
Preheat grill, and cook chicken breast on grill until juices run clear. Discard dressing used to marinate chicken. Allow chicken breasts to cool and then shred.
In a bowl, mix together shredded chicken, 1/4 cup dressing, spinach, feta, sun-dried tomato and basil.
Fill each pita pocket with chicken mixture. Serve with fruit and yogurt for a well balanced meal.
Makes 6 pita halves
Calories: 183 Sodium: 551 mg
Total Fat: 3.8 g Total Carbs: 17 g
Sat. Fat: .5 g Fiber: 3 g
Trans Fat: 0 g Sugar: 4.3 g
Chol: 36 mg Protein: 21 g
Recipe taken from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-and-sun-dried-tomato-bruschetta/detail.aspx
It has been modified.