Avoid a Scary Halloween this Year!
The stores are filled with aisles of candy and Halloween treats. Many people have bought their trick or treat candy and are already returning to the store a second time to buy more because they ate the first trips worth.
Before making that trip to the store (whether it be the first or second time), follow these simple tips:
- Buy the day before or day of Halloween
- Buy candy you do not like (less likely to eat the leftovers)
- Buy only enough for your trick or treat friends
- Buy the mini treats rather than the fun size treats to save on both calories and fat.
- Take the focus off of candy-buy pencils, erasers, stickers, etc.
- Don't snack on candy while handing it out - if this is a concern, have someone else do it.
Don't forget, calories can add up quick if you are not paying attention. A few pieces here and there the week before Halloween can add an extra 1500 – 2100 calories (or approximately 1/2 pound per week). Keep that behavior up through the New Year and by January 1 you will have easily gained 5 pounds.
- B Fit 4 Life
- Weekly Wellness Tips
- Our Staff
- Wellness Institute Studio Classes
- Weight Management
- Weekly Healthy Recipe
- Wellness Coaching
- Wellness News
- B.E. S.T.R.O.N.G
- Integrative Medicine
- Wellness Blog
- Stress Management
- My First 5K