Every September, Fruit and Veggies – More Matters Month promotes the health benefits of eating fruit and vegetables.
Fruit and vegetables are an important part of a healthy diet that can help protect you from:
- Heart disease
- Bone loss
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Some cancers, such as colorectal cancer
Quick Guide to Healthy Living
Personal Health Tools
More Information (Health A-Z)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/Produce for Better Health Foundation Fruit and Veggies – More Matters Month Sponsor
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, How to Use Fruits and Vegetables to Help Manage Your Weight
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Nutrition for Everyone: Fruits and Vegetables
- Produce for Better Health Foundation, Why Fruits and Veggies
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Farmers Market Search
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Growing a Healthier You: Nutrition From the Farm to the Table
The Lake Health Resource Center hours vary Monday-Friday between TriPoint Medical Center and West Medical Center. Voicemail and e-mail are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please call before visiting to ensure staff availability.
Telephone with voicemail: 440-639-4387
FAX: 440-354-1916 or 440-953-6297
If your request is urgent, call the Lake Health Resource Center to ensure staff availability!
TriPoint Medical Center - Physician Pavilion
7590 Auburn Rd.
Concord Twp, Ohio 44077
West Medical Center
Willoughby, Ohio 44094